Linna // http://t-eenagel0ve.tumblr.com
I made a tip like this on @the-tip-girly so I'm not copying anyone, I just haven't posted any tips on my personal for a while so just wanted to post this(:
Hope you like it guys(:
♡- RECOGNiZE YOUR iNSECURiTiES;;
- what are the things that you don't particularly like about yourself. don't be too hard on yourself though, because then you wouldn't be making anything better.
- Face these insecurities and try to come to peace with them. Say to yourself, "I have ___ and I am ok with that, thats who i am, it isn't so bad." This won't get you over your insecurities over night, but it will gradually help you come to peace with them. And once that happens, your confidence level raises a whole bunch... trust me.
- If it helps, think about all those people out there who has it worse. no matter how bad this sounds, you know it makes you feel a little better or lucky.
-Try to fix these insecurities. like if you have bad skin, fix it. dont become obsessed over it because it won't help you coming to term with this. Instead, say, i have bad skin (or whatever you're trying to fix) and thats okay. But im going to fix it for me(:
♡- TALK ABOUT iT WiTH FRiENDS // FAMiLY;
-!whoever you can trust and open up to, go to them. Not only will it make you feel better to release all of that cooped up negativity, but that loved will make you feel better and appraise all of your positive traits.
- going to them to let it out will really help you FACE your problems. you can hear yourself speaking, you have confronted the problem, now you know.
Get to the root of the problem; focus on it and understand that you need to resolve each issue before you can move on.
- Check if it's an old past emotion and if it is really still relevant or applicable in your life today. And that doesn't mean you have to get rid of whatever makes you feel bad (many times, you simply can't). You need to learn to accept yourself, your past, your circumstances as they are, without necessarily thinking of them as "bad."
♡- FORGET ABOUT THE PAST // YOUR MiSTAKES;
-Stop fretting over little thigns that happened a while ago. This REALLY makes you feel bad. i have a habit of always thinking about the past and things i surely wish i can change, and it just gets me down. Don't think about it.
- come to peace with what happened, and leave it behind. stop pondering on it. Because your past will stay in the present if you keep doing that. You can't change your past.
- Remember, no one is perfect. Mistakes are mistakes and you have made them, just as other people have.
- Now this is deeper.
forgive any and everybody who has ever caused you pain, and got you to the point where you are now; with no or little confidence. Those people need their own help, and while youre getting yours, forgive them.
- This may sound corny, or you may have heard this many times on tv before, but this is one of those things that you will hear a lot but its the straight up TRUTH!
- If you can't forgive them, and you are constantly thinking about how much pain and hurt they have caused you, guess what? you are thinking about that pain that has you where you are today, still. and you are still in the past. forgive them and tell yoruself, 'you know what, that person was a jerk, but im moving forward and i will let them be them.' boom. that one little step will help you greatly.
♡- iDENTiFY YOUR SUCESS;
- what are things that you are proud of? Things you have accomplished and that you are surely grateful for and makes you feel very happy?
confront these things and keep them in your head.
- this will also make you think of all the things you like about yourself. which reeeaally gives you a helpful boost.
- name a success, and back it up with a statement about yourself that is true and that you are proud of.
i.e. I made my volleyball team so I'm pretty good at it.
- focus on your talents. when you are doing something that makes you happy, you have no time to think negatively. You are going forward with these things, so you have no time for negative things to pull you back
- doing things you love can also contribute to you finding new friends whom you have things in common with:)
♡A BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE // HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME;
- some people have it way far worse than you do. you may have gotten through bullying, and you are now bully free. But there are still helpless people out there who aren't as strong as you, and can't do anything for themselves, and are still being bullied.. .and have been going through it way longer than you have. So be grateful that you have come this far and that is behind you.
- A lot of the times, at the root of insecurity and lack of confidence is a feeling of not having enough of something, whether it's emotional validation, good luck, money, etc. By acknowledging and appreciating what you do have, you can combat the feeling of being incomplete and unsatisfied. Finding that inner peace will do wonders for your confidence.
♡- BE POSiTiVE MORE;
- even on those bad days you have, force yourself to smile more. it will ease the feeling of you being down.
- Avoid self pity. Because then, you're only putting yourself down, which doesn't do any good. Our biggest enemy is ourselves. so you cause more damage when you are hard on yourself.
- Instead, speak positively about yourself, about your future, and about your progress. Do not be afraid to project your strengths and qualities to others. By doing so, you reinforce those ideas in your mind and encourage your growth in a positive direction.
♡- TAKE COMPLiMENTS BETTER;
- when someone compliments you, stop going " really? i think i look horrible"
Yes this is a hard habit to break, but it takes time. If you feel like you're about to shoot it down, smile and bite your tongue. Say thanks, I often really take it the wrong way. When people compliment me, I feel really good of myself but yet, I say "Are you kidding me?"
- Take it to heart, and respond positively.
♡- LOOK iN THE MiRROW AND SMiLE;
- smile at yourself and be at peace in your mind.
- last year, I was much insecure then I am now, but here's an easy way to come over it. every morning, walk up to a mirror & say, "I'm beautiful." & smile. It really helps, I did that almost everyday last year. And I still do it every other day or so, and I've been much, much better.
- Studies surrounding what's called the "facial feedback theory" suggest that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. So by looking in the mirror and smiling every day, you might feel happier with yourself and more confident in the long run.
♡- ACT iT OUT;
- go ahead, and trick your brain by acting like a totally new // different person. Go out and act like a confident person, even if you arent. The role will soon become you and that confidence will rub off on you(:
♡- STiCK TO WHAT YOU BELiEVE iN // PRiNCIPLE;
- It might be tough, but if you don't have something you can believe in, you don't have anything. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
-No matter what's happened in your life, you can always proudly face the fact that from this day forward, you've followed your principles to the best of your ability.
- sticking to something, gives you something to prove and well.... stick to! you have something to look forward to, and through your life, something to abide by. This will keep you on track and focused.
♡- HELP OTHERS;
- this will give you something else to be proud of(:
- When you know you're kind to the people around you, and are making a positive difference in other people's lives (even if it's just being kinder to the person who you pass by every morning), you'll know that you are a positive force, which will boost your self confidence.
♡- AVOiD PERFECTiONiSM;
- trying to always strive to be PERFECTLY PERFECT, actually isnt as healthy as it seems. i am a prime example of this, im one of the biggest perfectionist out there, and it all it does it stresses me out, cause worry, and it makes you question yourself a lot which isnt good.
♡- LOVE YOURSELF;
- learn to love who you are. know who (your name here) is. And love that person you know very well(:
hope you like it(:
- Linna ♡